Sunday, September 23, 2007

Instructions for Soot Stamping

I've had many e-mails in response to my Soot Stamping. So, I'm posting the instructions here for you all to try!

1. Stamp your image on white, glossy cardstock with Versamark ink. And allow the ink to dry completely. This is important. If you are in a hurry, you can give a blast of heat from your embossing tool. It's recommended that you leave a good 1 inch border around the edge of your image so that the edges don't catch fire.

2. Using a regular candle, with the wick trimmed to 1/4", pass the cardstock over the flame,. Make sure you don't touch the wick. Keep the cardstock moving. You don't want to scorch the cardstock. I recommend placing scrap paper or a piece of aluminum foil on your work surface to catch any drips from the candle.

3. Take a regular tissue (no lotion) and wipe off the soot using a sweeping motion.

And, that's it! (No sealing required).

Have fun!

1 comments:

Caroline Moore said...

Thanks for sharing this Dianne - I will try this, I have tried it the opposite way as such, holding the candle to the card and then stamping into it, your technique looks more effective.

Post a Comment