Sunday, December 09, 2007

Domino Tray


I made this tray for a dear friend of mine last year for Christmas. At that time I didn't have a digital camera and of course I couldn't scan it. I finally managed to get a picture of it and I thought I would show it here.
The tray itself was unfinished wood which I stamped with Versamark ink and clear embossed. After staining the tray, I heated the embossing powder off to create a resist.
The dominoes were bleached, and soaked in tea bags and then stamped with Staz On ink. The coloring was done using chalk inks and a spray sealer was then applied.
I was quite pleased with the result and my friend loves it!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Dianne -- this is FANTASTIC! I've never seen anything like it. I bet your friend just treasures this piece ~ it's wonderful!!

Oh, and by the way...

You've been tagged!!!
http://artfromthehart.blogspot.com/2007/12/ive-been-tagged.html

Have fun!

Jodi

Yogi said...

What a neat tray. Love the way you used the dominoes.

Post a Comment