Monday, May 19, 2008

Stamp Storage


One of the girls at my stamp club came up with this awesome idea for storing unmounted stamps. Most of my stamps are catalogued and stored in either DVD or CD cases. However, none of Maryse Carrier stamps had been catalogued, so I decided to use this method for storing them. I bought 3 X 4 in. storage bags at the dollar store, some 2" binder rings from the office supply store, "S" hooks from the hardware store and the wire basket, which slides on to my shelf, was also a dollar store "find". Now, I won't be losing those teeny, tiny stamps which had a nasty habit of falling out the sides of the CD cases. And, it's SO easy to just take the binder ring off the hook and flip thru them. I managed to get 140 stamps into 40 storage bags and you can see that I have room for a lot more on the rack! I'm thinking my Bella collection needs adding too! LOL. MORE SHOPPING!!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

COOL idea for storage of smaller stamps, Dianne!!!! THANK YOU for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chookarooni said...

Have mine pinned to two bulletin boards but fast running our of room - really like this idea!
M-J

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea! I'll have to remember that.

Post a Comment