Friday, April 03, 2009

Pears

scan0013

For this card, I started by making an ink pad using a folded up paper towel moistened with masking fluid.  I then “inked” up the pear stamp (Magenta), several times, and stamped across the bottom of a piece of glossy cardstock.  Once the masking fluid was dry, I added some alcohol inks to make the background.  The sentiment (Inkadinkadoo) was then stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with detailed gold embossing powder. Finally, I rubbed off the masking fluid and colored in the pears using alcohol inks mixed with a little blending solution.

I really like the look of this.  What do you think? 

 

1 comments:

Sandie R said...

Awsome Dianne!! I read about this technique before and bought the masking fluid then promptly forgot. Saw the fluid on the shelf the other day and couldn't remember why I got it. Thanks for the reminder. LOL

Post a Comment