Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cheater’s Glitter!

HPIM1531 HPIM1532

Do you like the look of glitter but hate the mess?  Glitter gets in all the places you don’t want it including on the dog!!!  Actually, this is a mess free glitter technique that I was SO happy to learn.  Wanna know how it was done?????? 

First, take a piece of pre-glittered cardstock.  I used silver.  Next I coloured a silver Peel-Off sticker with a black marker.  You don’t have to use black, but you are going to stick this peel off on to the glittered cardstock, so you need a contrast.  I like the look of black on silver as it resembles stained glass.  And, it looks kind of classy. With me so far?

Okay, so now you’ve got your coloured peel-off sticker stuck to your glittered cardstock.  Make sure you burnish it well and now  you are going to colour in the open areas with an alcohol marker.  I don’t recommend using the brush end of your Copic marker, but a bullet/chisel end will work as will other markers (Touch, Bic, Sharpie).  And, there you have it, a mess free glitter card.

Thanks for stopping by and as always comments are much appreciated. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat idea! I'll have to try it as glitter and I do not work well together. I still am "glittered" from a card I made a week ago.

Anonymous said...

That is really neat. Thank you for sharing...I will try it soon as I get home from Christmas shopping today. Did you know glitter hates your teflon mat? Sticks like crazy and it seems impossible to get rid of...use scrap bond over top of your teflon mat.

Post a Comment